Core purpose of the role:
To lead and manage a technical workshop team in the execution of the Transport vehicle maintenance strategy and OE accreditation standards.
- Location: Standerton
- Position: Workshop Foreman
- Business Unit: Transport – Fleet
- Reporting to: Workshop Manager
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs
- Ensure that quality standards of work are maintained.
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are adhered to.
- Conduct regular internal audits on hygiene factors in order to ensure that housekeeping standards are adhered to.
- Keep fleet downtime to a minimum, without compromising quality.
- Maintain workshops according to the appropriate standards of productivity and efficiency.
- Check equipment availability and ensure that all equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Conduct regular scheduled servicing as per OE requirements and company standards
- Maintain vehicles according to OE standards
- Report vehicle abuse in line with company procedures.
- Attend to vehicle breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- Implement preventative maintenance plans for vehicles
- Ensure that all vehicles are roadworthy.
- Ensure that service records are maintained as per company policies and procedures.
- Manage employees in line with the SmartTrucker employee value proposition and company performance management processes.
- Ensure compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable legislation
- Business Units
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Trade tested diesel mechanic
- Certificate of fitness (COF)
- Driver’s license.
- Valid passport
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in a heavy commercial vehicles workshop environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in a commercial vehicle workshop at a management level
- In-depth knowledge of diagnostic equipment
- Extensive commercial vehicle workshop management knowledge.
- Knowledge of workshop financial management processes
- Understanding of technical data specifications
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Preference for thinking practically
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Concern about aligning with best practices
- Focus on getting things done
- Customer centricity and focus
- Maintaining energy levels
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Preference for team working
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Passion for optimizing business performance
- Concern for working within parameters
- Commitment to behaving correctly and ethically
- Focus on initiating action
- Focus on convincing and persuading
- Appreciation for showing humble confidence
- Being optimistic
- Strong inclination for change agility
- Openness to accepting feedback
- Concern for valuing and appreciating others
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful