Core purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role to provide an efficient workshop administration service to ensure that workshop information and records are captured accurately and timeously.
- Location: Mkondeni
- Position: Workshop Administration Clerk (5 months contract)
- Business Unit: Fleet
- Reporting to: Systems Administrator
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs
- Accurate and timeous processing and posting of job cards and invoices.
- Manage an effective document control and filing system for the workshop
- Prepare quotations, communicate to customer for approval and purchase order and convert the approved quotation into a job card.
- Complete costing and reconciliation, correction of identified errors, job closure and billing and investigations into queries on a daily basis.
- Process inventory and stock job cards.
- Ensure that all inventory processes have been followed in line with month end stock take.
- Ensure that all job cards are closed off and billed to the correct customers, in line with monthly deadline requirements.
- Communicate effectively with operational staff, customers and suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Business units
- Functional support departments
- Matric / Grade 12
- A diploma or degree in a related field would be advantageous
- Driver’s license required
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within the trucking industry
- Knowledge of administration processes
- Advanced administration and organisational skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Concern about aligning with best practices
- Focus on getting things done
- Customer centricity and focus
- Concern for working within parameters
- Maintaining energy levels
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Preference for team working
- Preference for thinking practically
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Preference for planning and organizing
- Commitment to be having correctly and ethically
- Focus on initiating action
- Concern for communicating clearly
- Preference for making contact with others
- Concern for leading others and our culture
- Being optimistic
- Openness to accepting feedback
- Concern for valuing and appreciating others
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful