Core purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the job is to supervise all workshop administrative requirements through a centralised record keeping system
- Location: Mkondeni
- Position: Workshop Administration Supervisor
- Business Unit: Fleet
- Reporting to: Systems Administrator
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs
- Accurate and timeous posting and processing of all invoices.
- Oversee the document control and filing system for the entire workshop.
- Preparation of quotations and defect reports.
- Communication of quotations to customers for purchase order approval and job card creation.
- Complete job card costing and reconciliations on a daily basis (incl. checking of stock issues and chasing up outstanding invoices).
- Correct errors identified on job cards on a daily basis
- Close jobs and ensure billing is sent to the correct customer, in accordance with purchase orders received.
- Investigate queries from customers regarding jobs billed out.
- Process all inventory received and ensure stock job cards have been closed off correctly to the designated stock codes
- Ensure all inventory processes have been followed in line with month end stock take according to required deadlines
- Service Centre Managers
- Functional support departments
- Matric/ Grade 12
- A diploma or degree in a related field would be advantageous
- Certificate of Fitness (COF)
- 3+ year of experience in a similar role within the trucking industry
- Advanced administrative and organisational skills
- Driver’s license
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- The ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Concern about aligning with best practices
- Focus on getting things done
- Customer centricity and focus
- Concern for working within parameters
- Maintaining energy levels
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Preference for team working
- Preference for thinking practically
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Preference for planning and organizing
- Commitment to be having correctly and ethically
- Focus on initiating action
- Concern for communicating clearly
- Preference for making contact with others
- Concern for leading others and our culture
- Being optimistic
- Openness to accepting feedback
- Concern for valuing and appreciating others
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful