Core purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to assist with all aspects of running a successful stores department.
- Location: Dwaalboom
- Position: Storeman
- Business Unit: Transport – Fleet
- Reporting to: Workshop Foreman
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs:
- Receive stock in line with company policies and procedures.
- Order stock in line with company policies and procedures.
- Source stock according to best possible price and quality.
- Provide feedback on workshop related queries in a fast and efficient manner.
- Conduct monthly and annual stock counts and resolve queries and discrepancies.
- Pick and issue stock in line with company policy and procedures
- Create stock requisitions and orders
- Capture data on a real-time basis on the relevant company IT system.
- Optimise parts’ stock holding according to company standards.
- Order stock from suppliers.
- Balance stock on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the stores environment according to company standards.
- Manage occupational risk including behaviour and compliance.
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks where required.
- Business Units
- Functional support departments
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Driver’s license
- Must be prepared to work long hours and weekends when operational requirements dictate
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within a heavy transport workshop environment
- Knowledge of relevant transport legislation
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced administrative and organisational skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- The ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Examining information
- Following procedures
- Managing Tasks
- Producing output
- Articulating information
- Taking Action
- Meeting timescales
- Adopting practical approaches
- Exploring opportunities
- Generating ideas
- Developing expertise
- Pursuing goals
- Upholding standards
- Establishing rapport
- Directing people
- Making decisions
- Thinking positively
- Team working
- Understanding people
- Valuing individuals
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful