Core purpose of the role:
The core purpose of the role is to unlock value through continuously improving value propositions, costing solutions and profit analysis, and to assist in business development for the group.
- Position: Senior Manager II (Commercial)
- Business Unit: Transport
- Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs
- Supporting and providing input into the compilation of the BWT Strategy.
- Business development
- Commercialisation of various tools (Academy, Fleet, RTMS/PBS)
- Formulating business development plans to grow the business, ensuring sustainable business performance.
- Financial management
- Maintenance and development of BWT costing model
- Maintenance of contracts register
- Customer centricity
- Approval of new rate structure proposals exceeding a certain threshold.
- Assist business units with under-performing contracts
- Monitor new contracts to ensure targets are reached (plan and cost alignment
- Assist with driver rem calculations for variable pay structures
- Assist with all rate adjustments
- Risk, Ethics and Compliance
- Manage ethics, risk, governance and SHEQ in line with legislation, company policies & procedures and relevant regulations and Barloworld standards
- Drive all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures to create a safe workplace for all and meet legislative requirements.
- Talent Management and employee performance
- Direct and control workforce planning of the business unit by supporting an effective talent strategy.
- Drive a climate and culture of high performance and employee engagement, in line with Barloworld’s employee value proposition. Manage, develop and coach own team.
- Promote and direct the implementation of Barloworld Logistics’ transformation and sustainability policy and strategy in all aspects of diversity and inclusion, supplier development and community involvement.
- All other operational & business units
- Shared Services
- Barloworld Logistics
- Service Providers
- Industry Organisations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/management/logistics
- Drivers licence.
- Valid Passport
- 5 years in a business/commercial environment
- Demonstrated financial and commercial acumen
- Financial and business acumen
- General business management
- Knowledge of transport industry
- Highly developed communication skills to persuade,
- influence and negotiate
- Strong ability to interpret numerical information
- Strong ability to take profit and loss accountability
- Critical thinking skills to analyse and diagnose requirements, develop solutions and solve relatively complex problems
- Ability to effectively document facts, chart information visually and write reports
- Computer, technology and systems
- Ability to examine information
- Drive to explore possibilities
- Confidence to provide/communicate insights
- Commitment to the Barloworld values
- Strong drive for business growth
- Customer centricity and focus
- Strong desire to lead others and drive our culture
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Meticulous nature, focus on attention to detail
- Orientation towards growing and nurturing relationships
- Focus on getting things done
- Clear convincing communication skills
- Focus on innovating
- Appreciation for challenging others with respect
- Commitment to maintaining business awareness
- Preference for analysing and solving problems
- Preference for team working
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful