Core purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to apply principles of accounting to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures, and to be responsible for maintenance of general ledger and financial reporting.
- Location: Mkondeni
- Position: Senior Accountant
- Business Unit: Transport
- Reporting to: Financial Manager
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs:
- Complete month end procedures including transaction processing up to trial balance.
- Prepare general ledger, creditor’s reconciliations and intercompany account reconciliations
- Maintain the fixed asset register and capital processes.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Assist in the collation and preparation of management accounts.
- Analyse and interpret financial results.
- Ensure data integrity (incl. completeness, accuracy and validity).
- Analyse and review expenditure compared to budget
- Submit monthly financials on MPC.
- Facilitate accurate monthly and annual management account reports.
- Ensure all Barloworld reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of the annual budget process within agreed deadlines.
- Assist with quarterly rolling plans (plan 0 to 3) and updated monthly forecasts to BU.
- Train other financial employees to pass on knowledge of systems and processes.
- Ensure tax, legal, statutory and internal authority compliance.
- Facilitate mini-audits to ensure compliance.
- Prepare for internal and external audits (incl. preparation of annual audit packs in line with deadlines).
- Ensure clean audit reports for the BU through CCR’s, internal and external audits.
- Effectively evaluate and monitor working capital incl. debtors, creditors and cash.
- Effectively implement debtor processes.
- Implement effective settlement discount policies and procedures.
- Manage systems integrity.
- Contribute to the implementation of new financial systems and processes.
- Identify and drive systems and process enhancements throughout the BU
- Business unit management
- Business unit operations
- Tertiary accounting qualification
- Valid passport
- Driver’s license
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Industry experience advantageous
- Financial and management accounting technical expertise
- Microsoft Office skills (at least intermediate Excel, Word, and Outlook skills)
- Financial Systems (Syspro, Qlikview, HFM)
- Focus on getting things done
- Focus on analyzing and solving problems
- Concern for working within parameters
- Preference for team-working
- Remain Resilient with stress and pressure
- Passion for optimizing business performance
- Concern for communicating clearly
- Preference for planning and organizing
- Readiness to make and own decisions
- Commitment to maintaining business awareness
- Commitment for behaving correctly and ethically
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Preference for thinking practically
- Focus on initiating acting
- Strong inclination to drive change
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful