Core purpose of the role:
The Core Purpose of the role is to plan his/her area of responsibility in order to achieve the highest possible level of customer service at the lowest possible cost by following planning disciplines at all times to ensure effective flow of information through to the financial system. The incumbent is alos repsonbsible for delivering consistently on customer requirements and build relationship with customers.
- Location: Head Office: Sandton
- Position: Planner x 8
- Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
- Reporting to: Manager: Operations
- Closing date: 31 March 2019
Key deliverables and outputs
- Daily Planning / Control & additional business opportunities
- Planning – Ensure that all Carriers appointed to perform the transportation activities meet the predetermined SLA.
- Plan according to capacity or amend plans, where necessary, in consultation with Loading Facilities and ensure that Plans are achievable.
- Ensure emergency loads and ad-hoc loads have order numbers.
- POD management as per SLA – crucial that all deliveries have a signed POD as per site requirements.
- Reconcile Plans to Actual to ensure Planning Accuracy.
- Review daily the previous day’s performance – execution against plan and fix any deviation.
- Build relationships and capture additional business that is outside the contracted work.
- Internal Processes
- Ensure that On Time delivery is achievable. Evaluate results and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Achieve all contractual KPI targets
- Conduct an audit on identified queries to ensure that all are resolved timeously.
- Ensure Effective Carrier Management Process.
- Strive for excellence in all operations and ensure that all sub sections are pulling towards the same goal
- Customer Service
- Achieve the best service levels possible.
- Ensure constant communication to the client and client customers on every load. This is more critical on emergency loads.
- Ensure adherence to budgets all the time
- Customer Relations
- Foster good relations with customers by being proactive and providing regular and accurate feedback.
- Attend to Customer queries timeously.
- Submit all Management reports timeously.
- Report and analyse transport activities.
- Manage and develop performance and talent of the team in line with company’s Interated Employee Value philosophy.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation through developing a hands on understanding of Business Unit and Functional Department needs and requirements.
- Managers and employees in the business unit
- Service Providers,Customer
- Degree/diploma in Transport/Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Technical qualification
- Visual charting
- Driver’s License
- 3-5 Years planning in a fleet management environment
- Proven track record of effective planning, scheduling and costing
- Engaging at middle management level
- Tranportation Management Systems i.e. OTM, Manugistics
- Road Freight Association
- Statutory requirements
- 3-5 years in SCM / Logistics
- Highly developed communication skills
- Written analysis skills
- Interpersonal skills related to networking, internal resilience, including sensitivity to diversity and negotiation skills
- Numerical interpretation
- Implement integrated solutions and solve problems as well as analyse and diagnose requirements
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer, technology and systems
- Preference for planning and organising
- Readiness to make and own decisions
- Focus on getting things done
- Concern for communicating clearly
- Openness to accepting feedback
- Customer centricity and focus
- Concern for working within parameters
- Orientation towards growing & nurturing relationships
- Passion for optimising business performance
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing and growing
- Remain resilient with stress and pressure
- Preference for team-working
- Commitment to behaving correctly & ethically
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful